Awesome! You’ve decided that you’re moving here.
Awesome! You’ve decided that you’re moving here
Maybe you’ll need help with your move, maybe you don’t. But remember; we’re here for you if you do. The process starts by simply contacting us. Then we’ll discuss your particular needs and decide how to do this together.
Here’s some things we could help you with:
- Arrange online meetings before arrival with local education department to answer any questions you have on schooling. And once you’re here, we can visit schools together.
- Help you to secure pre-school placements.
- Book you an appointment to register as a resident, and accompany you there if you wish.
- Book you an appointment to open a bank account, and accompany you there if you wish.
- Provide you with advice and assistance in all matters concerning daily life in Finland.
If you’d like us to help you with your moving process, contact us at the International House Joensuu:
e-mail: [email protected]
telephone: +358 13 337 0333
Or if you happen to be in Joensuu, give us a call beforehand to agree a suitable time for you to come to say hi to our International House Joensuu team at our offices located within Joensuu City Council’s Immigration Services Malmikatu 5 b, 4th Floor, 80100 Joensuu
P.S. You might be thinking “Sure, this service sounds great, but what will it cost me?”
Our service will not cost you anything, and we promise that there are no hidden fees either. Yep, this service is provided by local authorities completely free of charge. We understand how bureaucratic things can get, and we simply want to make it as easy as possible for you to move and settle here.